Tuesday, 27 January 2009

January is a Blur!

I thought Christmas and New Year's were a whirlwind, and the rest of January has continued in quite that same way!

I spent a weekend with Km (my sister from Oregon) on a roadtrip through various parts of England and Wales (Avesbury, Stonehenge, Lacock, Bath, Wells, Cheddar (yes- the cheese!), and into Wales to visit Tintern Abbey). On the way home, we went to visit a family friend in Stockton-on-Teme, and enjoyed good food/drink/music/company.

Then it was off to Germany last week for work in Dusseldorf area...loads of fun stories to be told. Km's German massage (!!), meetings with German translation, taxi rides to the wrong airport, Killepitsch, GERMAN FOOD AND WINE!, and of course, meeting some fabulous German folks (at Rohm and Haas and randomly on the street), i.e. the best pharmacist in Dusseldorf!

The past weekend was spent with Km. As many of you know, she has been in various parts of Europe (with and without me) over the past 6 weeks, and we have been fortunate enough to spend quite a bit of time together. We "stayed local" this past weekend (we needed it!), and visited small towns near Leamington Spa/Rugby/etc. We returned to Stockton-on-Teme on Sunday, and had a lovely time. She flew back to Seattle yesterday, after many hugs and a few tears, too.

Tomorrow I go to Spain for a few days for work. I will be on the east coast, near Valencia for a series of meetings. I get back late on Friday, then fly to Italy on Sunday for work near Venice. After more days of meetings with my Italian colleagues and service providers, I return to the office in Coventry on Thursday.

Ry flies in the next day and we are off together to the Canaries for a week's holiday! Thank goodness!!!

In general, work has been going quite well, but there are lots of challenges with the economic crisis, paired with the DOW Chemical acquisition uncertainty. I think we will all rejoice when stability is somewhat regained.

Sorry again for not posting much lately. As you can see, it's been crazy. I will improve, I promise! Bye for now. xoxo

1 comment:

Karen Bull said...

Tara - Whirlwind life you are leading! have a great time with Ry! We think of you often.