This has been a LONG day. I got here...how, is beyond my understanding.
Flew to Italy...ridiculous weather. Snow and wind. Finally took off. Again, somehow got here. Asked Ry what he wanted me to bring back from Italy. He said, "As long as it's not a sexy Italian guy, bring anything you like!" hehe.
Rented a car..alone...in the dark...in the snow...in Italy...(WHY!??!).
Do I like challenges? Why yes, I suppose I do. We could ask this question of pretty much anything having to do with the last four months...the answer will always be yes, I think!
I am blabbing now.
Anyways, SOMEHOW got to Venice, trekked through snow and airport, searching for my rental car...the ONLY automatic car (I think) in Italy (or the Canary Islands!...nevermind, more on that next week!!).
Finally found my fabulous BMW...it's one of those ones where you put the "non-key" into the dashboard area, and then press a button and the engine starts... HA- yeah, you should have seen me trying to figure this out. Here I am, trying to figure out how to start this car that turns on with a button (WHAT?)?? Asked the Italian dude to help me- he said the equivalent of "put your foot on the break first", and although I had tried this, I felt like THE stupidest American girl in all history.
Oh well. Somehow found my way- in dark, and snow, and with shite GPS/paper directions combination...helpless and hopeless!!!
Truth is- I actually love driving here, because it comes naturally! Was initially worried about switching from UK to Italy, but not so bad!
I won't bore you about details of trying to find dinner at this hour on a Sunday - let's just say it could have been worse, because at least there was proper Italian wine.
Buonanotte!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
If you had trouble with your BMW, then I don't even want to see what you would try to do with my new (well, new to me) Prius!! (That's right the good ole' Sunfire has been retired!! Don't worry, I did take a farewell pic. with it!) I miss it, but now I have a crazy spaceship-like car. I don't have to use the key to unlock the car or to turn it on or off! Much Love.
Post a Comment