Spent some time getting a little perspective on Sunday afternoon. Read a few essays from Kingsolver’s Small Wonder. I like them because they get me thinking about what’s really important in life. I didn’t read much, but I came across a few quotes I liked:
“God is frightful; God is great- you pick. I choose that God is in the details, the completely unnecessary miracles sometimes tossed up as stars to guide us. They are the promise of good fortune in a cloudless day, and the animals in the clouds; look hard enough, and you’ll see them. Don’t ask if they’re real.” ~ Barbara Kingsolver
“Beauty and grace are performed, whether or not we will or sense them. The least we can do is try to be there.” ~ Annie Dillard
Oh geeze, do I sound cheesy? Nonetheless, it’s good stuff, so think about it!
Overall, had a great weekend. Took a trip up to York, and fell in love. It’s definitely one of my favorite towns. I knew it was meant to be…as I drove into the city and there was a rainbow forming to the west! Did I mention how weird the weather was the past week? It was beautiful last weekend, and then the past week it has been really hit-or-miss. Nonetheless, I digress.
Back to York…
York Minster is gorgeous…listening to the organ pipe music through the Cathedral was amazing. Pretty city walls, too. Check out the pics (touch the nose of the lucky calf for good luck!) . I wish I could go back before I leave England, but I honestly don’t think I’ll be able to squeeze it in!
Also, tried a great Chilean Merlot, finished reading my latest wine book, bought some great fair trade organic cotton clothes (let me know if you want to know more about the seller), and jogged my favorite river path near Leamington.
I’ve been busy planning upcoming travels and getting things sorted for my departure…including planning “goodbyes” and shopping for stuff I want to take home (if you have ideas, let me know!!!).
I can’t believe how fast this is going! I’ve got Scotland soon, then Canterbury, Belgium, Netherlands, Lake District, and Austria/Slovakia/others (??)!!! If anyone has travel advice for any of these places, like weekend-type destinations, please let me know.
And of course I have lots to complete at work. It’s craziness with the Dow acquisition about to close (April Fool's Day, to be exact!). This is “THE” week! More to come on that… Also, finishing a couple RFQs worth over 30 million. So, it’s definitely crunch time!
~P.S. I finally updated by UK beers list ( look to the right)! Cheers!
“God is frightful; God is great- you pick. I choose that God is in the details, the completely unnecessary miracles sometimes tossed up as stars to guide us. They are the promise of good fortune in a cloudless day, and the animals in the clouds; look hard enough, and you’ll see them. Don’t ask if they’re real.” ~ Barbara Kingsolver
“Beauty and grace are performed, whether or not we will or sense them. The least we can do is try to be there.” ~ Annie Dillard
Oh geeze, do I sound cheesy? Nonetheless, it’s good stuff, so think about it!
Overall, had a great weekend. Took a trip up to York, and fell in love. It’s definitely one of my favorite towns. I knew it was meant to be…as I drove into the city and there was a rainbow forming to the west! Did I mention how weird the weather was the past week? It was beautiful last weekend, and then the past week it has been really hit-or-miss. Nonetheless, I digress.
Back to York…
York Minster is gorgeous…listening to the organ pipe music through the Cathedral was amazing. Pretty city walls, too. Check out the pics (touch the nose of the lucky calf for good luck!) . I wish I could go back before I leave England, but I honestly don’t think I’ll be able to squeeze it in!
Also, tried a great Chilean Merlot, finished reading my latest wine book, bought some great fair trade organic cotton clothes (let me know if you want to know more about the seller), and jogged my favorite river path near Leamington.
I’ve been busy planning upcoming travels and getting things sorted for my departure…including planning “goodbyes” and shopping for stuff I want to take home (if you have ideas, let me know!!!).
I can’t believe how fast this is going! I’ve got Scotland soon, then Canterbury, Belgium, Netherlands, Lake District, and Austria/Slovakia/others (??)!!! If anyone has travel advice for any of these places, like weekend-type destinations, please let me know.
And of course I have lots to complete at work. It’s craziness with the Dow acquisition about to close (April Fool's Day, to be exact!). This is “THE” week! More to come on that… Also, finishing a couple RFQs worth over 30 million. So, it’s definitely crunch time!
~P.S. I finally updated by UK beers list ( look to the right)! Cheers!


1 comment:
Barbara Kingsolver Rocks!!
Now, don't get all hippy on me with your organic clothes...Is it affordable?
Shopping ideas:
~Bangers and mash-yummy!
~A cute present for your little sissy from E. Europe when you and mom do some travelin'.
Miss you.
Post a Comment