Saturday, 25 October 2008

Great Restaurants and Friendly Leamingtonians!










I met some ladies last weekend, and they have been inviting me to different happenings in the area. I am lucky to have already met some lovely and welcoming Leamingtonians!

This weekend we went to a special benefit to raise funds for supplies for orphans in South Africa. It was a really great cause, and we wanted to support the local missionary (an Aunty of one of my new girl friends). There was entertainment...an English Elvis tribute band! HA! (Pic attached for your amusement!! Yes, it was held at the local Irish Club!) Needless to say, we didn't stay for very long! I ended up sharing a bottle of Shiraz and some great conversation in good company at Wilde's. Wilde's is a wonderful, cozy wine bar, with quite a history. Overall, I have been enjoying good food and drink in England. I have been scoping out good places to take you all when you come visit!

I've also been working on party preparations for when I come home, and can't wait to see everyone who will be popping by on 7 Nov. All are welcome! I am doing special shopping to bring home proper English treats for the party. :o)

No comments: