Sunday, 5 October 2008

My lovely Coventry cabbie

Today I took a ride in a taxi over to Earlsdon (which I loved, by the way!!). The cabbie immediately recognized my AMERICAN accent and asked me where I was from. I said "PHILLY, BABY!" (actually I said "The States- Pennsylvania). He then wanted to know if I was following American politics very closely. I told him I that I do pay attention to it, and he immediately went into quite a tirade! He told me he quite liked Sarah Palin (sarcastically), and told me that Sarah Palin should be president (let alone VP), because then the US would get what they deserved! He then proceeded to explain to me how Bill Clinton and Margaret Thatcher caused this entire financial mess.

Lovely- I shall say I am Canadian from now-on during cab rides!

xoxo

1 comment:

Ed Merry said...

Hi Tara, Great to hear from you!All sounds well. Hopefully, we will get over there in March, if you are still there. Keeping Ryan well fed when he is available and on point for some house project-surprises for you. Keep us posted on all that is going on. We will keep responding or emailing. See you on Halloween(?)

LOVE Dad/Ed